What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you browse most websites. They are used by web developers to improve your user experience by including additional functionality, ranging from saving your settings during and between visits to noting your site visit for analytical purposes.
There are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire as soon you close the browser and are most commonly used to help users navigate the site by storing information on their location and the pages they have visited. An example of this could be a site with a login process; in order for the site to remember that you are logged in a cookie must be stored, otherwise every time you move to a new page you will be logged out
- Persistent or permanent cookies remain on your computer once you have closed the browser down, relying on a time limit for self-deletion. Most of these will range from 30 days to 1 year, but it's possible for them to last until 3012. These are most commonly used for personalising a web experience, so that the site "remembers" you from previous visits, or other sites, and can display relevant information
All cookies can be permanently disabled using your browser's security options, although most websites will fail to function correctly without cookies.
For more information on how to disable cookies please consult the About Cookies website.
Cookies used on the Heatrae Sadia website
Below is a list of the different cookies we use on our website. These cookies are either set by ourselves (Heatrae Sadia), or from other websites such as Google. Cookies that are set by Heatrae Sadia are known as first party cookies, whereas cookies set from other websites are known as third party cookies. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the listing of every cookie set from a third party website, as they can change at any time.
AddThis (__atuvc, uvc, vc, bt, bt2, di2, dt, loc, uid, uuid2, sess, uit, um, PHPSESSID, xtc)
AddThis is a popular social sharing tool. These cookies enable the various share links on our pages to connect to popular social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook. It also allows you to email a friend the page link with accompanying message.
adnxs.com (uuid2, sess)
Adnxs.com is run by AppNexus, a company that provides data and analytics helping businesses buy and sell online advertising. You can automatically Opt-Out from receiving ib.adnxs.com cookies by clicking on theib.adnxs Opt-Out page.
Heatrae Sadia (ARPT, baxiuk_sessionID, ASP.NET_SessionId, X-Mapping-sample, _qca, adiLP, adiS, adiV, adiVi, ki_r, ki_s, ki_t, ki_u, adiCookieCheck, adiErr, _atrfs)
These cookies have been set by Heatrae Sadia to provide the following functions:
- ARPT is a load balancing cookie, which helps improve website performance, such as reducing the time it takes to load a new page
- baxiuk_sessionID helps improve your user experience by tailoring the website content you see, it also remembers which visitor option you selected when you change the content view
- ASP.NET_SessionId, supports your use of the website, particularly iterative elements such as filling in contact forms
- X-Mapping-sample is a cookie found on the product selector tool to keep the users' website experience intact
- ki_r, ki_s, ki_t, ki_u are cookies used on the Heatrae Sadia website. We use Qualaroo Survey, formerly known as KISSinsights, to help us engage and gather customer feedback through surveys. These cookies help us with that and ensure that once a survey has been completed it does not reappear throughout that particular visit
- adiCookieCheck, adiErr, adiLP, AdiS, asiV, adiVi are a collection of cookies provided by Response Tap. These cookies provide us with valuable insight in helping us understand visitor interaction between our website and call centre
- adiCookieCheck is a test cookie
- adiLP is cookie used to help prevent errors in tracking visitors where they may be using one browser with multiple tabs opened
- adiV is a cookie which supports the other cookie and ensures that information can be collected over time regardless of how many visits have been made to the website
- adiVi is used to help us get a better understanding of how you use our website and what pages you have visited
- adiS, adiErr is a cookies used to help us understand our visitor interaction between our website and call centre
Google (PREF, APISID, HSID, NID, OGPC, SID, SAPISID)
- PREF tracks preferences that were set such as selecting a preferred language
- SID, HSID are used for security and helps prevent fraudulent use of login credentials
- YSC is set by YouTube on pages with YouTube embedded videos
- PREF, NID, SID tracks your preferences so that related content or adverts can be shown
- CONSENT related to user consent and appears when using Google services such as Google site search
Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
Google Analytics is one of the most popular web analytics packages. Google Analytics uses these cookies to help us look at how many people visit our site, what pages they look at and how long they stay on each page. This information helps us identify ways we can improve your experience of our website.
responsetap.com (adiV, __utmz, __utma, wp9051, __qca)
Cookie set by Response tab provides us with valuable insight in helping us understand visitor interaction between our website and call centre.
YouTube (VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, PREF, APISID, HSID, NID, OGPC, SID, GEUP, YSC)
At present YouTube will set these cookies on pages displaying YouTube hosted videos.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE attempts to estimate the video speed for a particular YouTube hosted video. YouTube uses this data to identify ways it can help improve your viewing experience by determining the amount of time you need to wait before you can watch the video. It also helps determine the quality of the video you can watch. This cookie can also be used by an Internet Service Provider
- use_hitbox increments the 'views' counter on the YouTube video
- PREF tracks your preferences so that related content or adverts can be shown within the YouTube video
- APISID, HSID, SAPISID, SID, SSID, YSC used on pages containing YouTube videos and enable key functionality of YouTube videos
- YSC is set by YouTube on pages with YouTube embedded videos
- GEUP is used to limit the amount of times you see an advertisement in addition to delivering adverts that are relevant to your interests
- LOGIN_INFO is used present login information
DoubleClick is a subsidiary of Google and provides various users with ad serving services. The cookies assist Google in making digital advertising work better by connecting the right people with right moments. These ads are used when you use various Google services, such as Google site search.
You can opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting Google Ads Settings
Wufoo (PHPSESSID,SSID, SSLB, SSOD, SSPV, SSRT, __utma, __utmc, __utmz, SSSC, ep201, ep202)
YouTube Video Speed looks at how YouTube uses the VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie.
Quantcast Opt-Out page.
ScorecardResearch Opt-Out page (Upon clicking this page ScorecardResearch will automatically activate the Opt-Out action).
Cookies in email marketing