Firstly, our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by the Coronavirus outbreak. These are tough, unprecedented times, and the information and guidelines we get from government are changing daily.
Our highest priority is your safety and that of all our customers and colleagues. We recognise that the heating industry has an important role to play; people still need heating and hot water – perhaps it is even more important at this time!
Therefore, we have put the following measures in place to help protect and support you at this difficult time:
Training – from 23 March 2020, we are cancelling all our free product training courses until further notice. Our paid-for specialist training courses will continue until 27 March 2020 and we are taking action to reduce the risks to our staff and customers:
• Reducing the number of delegates to increase personal space
• Pre-attendance CV-19 checklist
• Increased use of hand sanitisers and gloves during practical sessions.
After this time, our training centres will be closed to external visitors until further notice. If you have booked and paid for a training course, we will be contacting you and you will have the option of either a full refund or rebooking the course when everything is back to normal.
Should you wish to speak to somebody in the meantime, please call; 0344 335 4207
Sales support – your local sales representative is only a phone call away. Although our trade mornings at local merchants have been cancelled, your local rep is still there to help and support you. You can find the details of your local sales representative here.
Alternatively, you can contact us on the Megaflo Rewards support line; 0345 122 2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineer support – we can still provide a good network of engineer support. In certain areas, we are prioritising repairs as our primary focus to ensure we can support your most vulnerable customers. If a boiler is under warranty, we will offer flexibility around servicing timescales during this time so that if a boiler’s service is delayed, the warranty remains valid.
Production and supply – at present it is business as usual for us. Boilers, Heatrae Sadia products and Baxi Genuine Parts should be available from your usual merchant.
Keep yourself safe
We recommend that you take the following actions to keep yourself safe when visiting your customers:
1. Call in advance and check that they do not have any symptoms of Coronavirus and are not self-isolating because they have been in contact with someone with the virus. If they have, then rearrange the visit for when their isolation finishes.
2. Keep your distance – around 2 metres is the government recommendation. Remember not to shake hands, wash your hands with soap and water frequently, and use antibacterial wipes to clean the boiler case and controls before you start work.
3. Do not ask your customers to sign for your work using a touchscreen; you can ask them to sign a paper and then scan their signature for your records.
4. If you have any symptoms of the virus yourself, you should self-isolate for 14 days and refer to the government guidelines.
Finally, we would like to thank you for your loyalty. We can assure you we are doing everything we can to support you during this difficult time and are endeavouring to maintain ‘business as usual’ – even if it is a different kind of ‘usual’!
Residential Sales Director – UK & Ireland
You can read our full policy here. We are reviewing it daily to keep in line with government guidelines.